Monday, September 22, 2014

Gotham - Series Premiere - Pilot (S1, Ep1)

Gotham
Series Premiere
Title: Pilot

Tonight's the night, loyal readers, the night all my fall shows come back with a BANG! And first on the list is Gotham. I know little to nothing about the DC world, I'm a Marvel girl, so I'm not up-to date with all the things going on in the DC world. I'm not a fan of Batman or Superman. 

Never been into those superheroes. 

So, what will tonight bring us? We'll see.

8:00 - And it begins, ah, it feels so good to react again. IT BEGINS!! And we meet Catwoman first, huh? 
8:01 - She's a lousy pick-pocket. Damn, she's fast.
8:02 - She's going to witness the murder of Batman's parents. That's a lot of blood for a simple shooting. 
8:03 - You've got a good screaming voice, kid. 
8:04 - And the main character has entered. Damn, you are good, lead. 
8:05 - Since when is that a basic? I guess in the comic-verse, it is. "No rest for the wicked, huh?" 
8:06 - "It makes it your case."
8:07 - The kid playing Bruce is quite a good actor with this crying scene. "There will be light. There will be light, Bruce." 
8:08 - "And shiny shoes." Bet that's important. "Be strong. I promise you, I'll find the guy who did this." 
8:09 - Hey, look, it's the butler. "Good luck, mate." 

Commercial Break - Kinda lackluster title slate. Kinda bored by it... Like I said, I don't know the DC verse. 

8:11 - The lead's partner is an asshole. Go away please.
8:12 - "Damn right, I'm scared." What happened between the cop and the special vic unit?
8:13 - Yeah, the partner can die. "The answer's no." 
8:14 - "She said you had to keep me, huh?" I like the lead. "You'll get used to me." 
8:15 - "How you doin'?" 
8:16 - Uh, does anyone know when this show 'takes place?' Like time period. We've met Fish. 
8:17 - Nope, now we've met the Penguin. 
8:18 - "Yes, my boys are watching a scary movie." 
8:19 - Yep, he's Penguin. GCPD? That's a mouth full, isn't it? "F-Fun." 
8:20 - If looks could kill. 

Commercial Break

8:22 - Who's this? And why do I sense a sex scene coming up?
8:23 - Yeah, I was right - the suit jacket came off. Wow, she's planning ahead quite quickly. 
8:24 - Really, he's not shirtless? But, hell, Gotham is pretty epic looking. 
8:25 - So confused. I think I need some backstory. And we met Poison Ivy. "So it will be a pleasant talk." 
8:26 - That's how you know something's up when the suspect runs. Weird camera angles - WTF? 
8:27 - Careful lead. The lead sucks at fighting. "Thanks." That is so illegal now. 

Commercial Break 

8:30 - Hey look, a gun. And the pearls. 
8:31 - I knew I didn't like those guys. Sure it did, Penguin. "That's beside the point." 
8:32 - That's Catwoman again. "You kept your promise. Thank you." 
8:33 - This won't end well. 
8:34 - "Yes, thank you, I know him." "Like I know you." What did that mean? "No." 
8:35 - Assholes. "Bastards." 
8:36 - "Why?" "To cover up the real killer." 
8:37 - "We killed him." A bullet wound to the shoulder killed him? Really? "Forget about it." 
8:38 - "I'm afraid he might lie." "He might." "You just did." "You'll have to wait and see." "I hate surprises." Well, Fish, you've got some skills. 
8:39 - You, asshole, you lied to his fiancĂ©. You are in on all of this, aren't you, partner

Commercial Break - I'm not really into Gotham, you guys. Not really my scene, I guess. 

8:43 - Yeah, I'm happy I'm a vegetarian. 
8:44 - "That's what everybody says." Okay, so we have cell phones - so, late 90s, early 2000s. 
8:45 - "Cops." "I like you, you're funny." 
8:46 - "I feel this way, also." 
8:47 - Yeah, I'm done after tonight. "My little Penguin." "Thanks for trying to help." 
8:48 - Oh joy. But someone's to the rescue. Who are you? "She has to ask permission."

Commercial Break

8:50 - "Friendship?" 
8:51 - "Blood doesn't lie." 
8:52 - I hate businessmen, especially when it comes to organized crime. "Just like your father." 
8:53 - No duh. 
8:54 - Don't kill Penguin, he's like the only character I like and have sympathy for. Poor Penguin. He going to fire a bullet as a decoy.
8:55 - "I'll be your slave for life." "I'm clever that way." "I can be a spy." Good pretending on your part, Penguin. But he'll be back. 
8:56 - Oh, are we going to the Waynes mansion? And it looks like Bruce is going to kill himself. But stops himself. 
8:57 - "He was framed." "I'm sorry." "Don't be." 
8:58 - "I can only do that from the inside." "Your call?" That's his way of saying yes, lead actor. Hello again Catwoman. 
8:59 - He's back. And he just murdered someone, for food. Well, that's Penguin for you.

~Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment