Friday, October 03, 2014

Gracepoint - Series Premiere - Episode 1

 Gracepoint 
Series Premiere 
Title: Episode 1

Gracepoint, the American version of Broadchurch. I'm excited to see what Gracepoint brings to us. Since I've watched Broadchurch (in one sitting, I might add), I know the storyline. So, let's see how the US changes it up. I know the murderer will be different, I just hope it isn't the priest or Ellie's nephew. 

So, let's the game begin! 

9:00 - And jumping right into Gracepoint! And Danny missing.
9:01 - Well, we're starting out with the similar idea of the beginning of Broadchurch. SPOILERS, JUST AN FYI!! Sorry ahead. If you haven't seen Broahchurch, then never mind. 
9:02 - Kevin Zegers! I LOVE HIM!! 
9:03 - "I'm good at vacations." 
9:04 - Welcome to Gracepoint. 
9:05 - This will be a short reaction guys. I've seen Broadchurch and don't want to spoil anything. I want hear more of David with an American accent. PLEASE! 
9:06 - Still doing the slo-mo that I don't find interesting or necessary. 
9:07 - "I thought he'd be here." Yep, this car scene is the same. 
9:08 - More un-necessary slo-mo. 
9:09 - "Oh God. Oh God!" "Seriously?" "I know this boy!" 
9:10 - And Danny's mother find him. Poor girl. 

Commercial Break - Lexi, my cat is begging for attention and she got it. By sitting on my chest. So, this is awkward. 

9:14 - "It was epic." "Okay, I'll go to the beach."
9:15 - "What do you mean?" "That kid wasn't up here." 
9:16 - Off to tell the parents. This was sad to begin with in Broadchurch, what about now in Gracepoint?
9:17 - I've got a massive headache you guys. And these slo-mo scenes aren't helping it! Too many slo-mo! 
9:18 - The daughter is crying more than the mom right now. It was the opposite in Broadchurch. "It was an accident, right?" 
9:20 - Into Danny's room we go. 
9:22 - Saying this right now - Danny's father isn't the murderer. 
9:23 - "I promise. I love you Danny. I love you." 

Commercial Break 

9:28 - Well, that's one change - I'm pretty sure Beth was 15 when she had their daughter. 
9:29 - I wonder if that psychic guy will be in it. Most likely. "Yes, you were." 
9:30 - I don't stop hearing David in his British/Scottish accent right now. It's only in certain words though.
9:31 - I wonder if they are keeping in Alec having a wife and daughter. 
9:32 - The daughter seems more upset than the rest of the family. 
9:33 - And the daughter leaves. Good, her boyfriend is black - just like the British one. 
9:34 - Owen is so sneaky. 
9:35 - "You better call me back." And off to Twitter it goes. 
9:37 - "Know what?" He handled that well.

Commercial Break 

9:42 - Press conference. "I can't believe he got hired again." 
9:43 - "I don't know." Why didn't David keep his accent? This is a terrible American on. "I'm an idiot." 
9:44 - "Stay out of my way." "He doesn't know, does he?" Well, I can tell you Ellie's husband isn't the murderer.
9:46 - Sorry, my mom and I were talking murders. "Danny died last night." 
9:47 - "He was found, lying on the beach." "It's okay to cry." 
9:48 - "Can I be alone now?" "Of course." 
9:49 - The kid was using a flip-phone. Slightly odd. And now deleting everything off his computer. Good, they kept that in.

Commercial Break 

9:53 - "Thanks for bringing me." 
8:55 - I feel so bad for Beth. "I promise you, Beth." "Of course he did." 
9:56 - I wonder if they will keep the pregnancy in. I hope they do. Nice going, Owen. "I'll tell you more, if there's more to tell." 
9:57 - Good, the skateboard is involved. 
9:58 - Don't look too shocked there Alec. 
9:59 - "There is no hiding place for Danny's killer."

~Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment